14 July 2020
Fast and Secure Authenticated Communication with NeuAPIX
With more than 13 million COVID-19 cases globally, healthcare providers rely on effective communication solutions to share information, schedule appointments, and even treat patients.
At the same time, much of this data is extremely sensitive, ranging from medical conditions to financial payment information. With cyberattacks on the rise during COVID-19, the potential for hacks or leaks has significantly increased, just as healthcare providers are finding themselves more reliant on digital connections than ever.
Using Secure 2FA CPaaS Solutions to Securely Boost Outreach and Data Gathering
Communications-Platforms-as-a-Services (CPaaS) have emerged as a flexible and highly customable solution that enables organizations to manage their communication flow across a variety of channels including real time video, chat, and SMS—with the additional advantage of built-in security features like 2-factor authentication (2FA).
This sort of technology would enable telehealth and remote care services to more secured interactions, collect data including supporting patient reported outcomes (PRO), as well as deliver customized advice and guidance remotely. By requiring patients to verify their identity using 2FA, such CPaaS solutions could boost trust and engagement, while safeguarding patients from cyberattacks that they might otherwise be susceptible too, especially over unprotected home connections. Henceforth, receiving a secondary SMS code such as 2FA, blocked 100 percent of automated attacks, 96 percent of bulk phishing attacks, and 76 percent of direct, targeted attacks – like those made by hired hackers.
How 2FA CPaaS Could Help
CPaaS’s flexible, modular design allows a wide range of customization according to an organizaton’s needs. As an example, organizations trying to collect patient data and deliver community-related information could use CPaaS to deploy Interactive voice response (IVR) solutions.
During this process, patient and caregiver identities during online interactions like video communications and telehealth could be validated using 2FA authentication. Presently, the most widely implemented 2FA solution for strong authentication is a one-time password (OTP) – which usually involves generating a one-time password that is then sent by voice call, SMS, Whats App, or email. The recipient then inputs the code or password in order to sign in.
Using CPaaS solutions have the additional advantage of fast deployment. An organization can simply sign on with a CPaaS solution provider, such as Telin’s NeuAPIX, customize its functionality as desired, and roll it out immediately throughout the organization without any need for additional infrastructure investment, so long as the existing connectivity is already adequate.
This solution thus allows organizations to scale up quickly and securely in time-sensitive situations where clinics, doctors, and other caregivers need to reach patients or potential patients remotely.
NeuAPIX, an Example of CPaaS with 2FA Capability
Telin NeuAPIX is a full stack CPaaS solution that enables omni-channel communication for voice, video, and messaging. NeuAPIX is designed to enable secure online transactions, account sign ins, mobile apps, websites, and more by providing two-factor authentication (2FA) with one-time passwords to ensure user security.
This cloud-based CPaaS solution stands out on account of its flexibility, featuring a bring-your-own-carrier option as well as flexible APIs and robust analytics features. In addition, its recently released Smart 2FA CPaaS platform. It’s bring-your-own-carrier option is particularly unique among CPaaS solutions and includes flexible APIs and robust analytics features. The solution is ready to implement and immediately provides use cases such as:
- Improve your users' security - Decrease the probability that an attacker can impersonate a user and gain access to accounts and other sensitive resources by requesting a second form of identification.
- Protect corporate sensitive information - Mobile two-step verification enables users to securely access corporate applications, documents, data in back office systems from virtually any mobile device or location without putting the corporate network and sensitive information at risk.
- Lower helpdesk and security management costs - Minimize the number of users password-reset calls your help desk gets. Two-step verification can help remedy these by providing a safe and secure way for the users to reset passwords on their own. Increase your cost savings from getting fewer calls and boost your employee productivity and satisfaction.
- Reduce the fraud and build secure online relationships - Decrease the probability that an attacker can impersonate a user and gain access to accounts and other sensitive resources by requesting a second form of identification.
- Mobile engagement solution - Nowadays digital convenience offers great potential for businesses, while introducing new user security risks and vulnerabilities. Two-factor authentication provides a stronger user validation that today's businesses require. Those failing to leverage it as part of their mobile strategy are leaving themselves open to dire consequences.
Not only 2FA, Telin NeuAPIX also able to value the privacy of your users and keep their phone numbers private by connecting them anonymously through a NeuAPIX Phone Number. By significance, it follows to protect your users identities, lower the cost of purchased phone numbers, keep all the communication within your platform, control your users experience, just to name a few.
Find Out More
Do you need to securely scale out your communications? Feel free to send us an email at email@example.com or visit https://www.telin.net/neuapix to find out more about NeuAPIX – if you can tell us what your needs are, we’d be more than happy to give us your recommendations.
Stay safe, stay healthy, keep productive!
Written by Briana from Telin
Briana is member of Telin Marketing Team, taking part in a lot of digital marketing aspects, experts in responding to your inquiry and assigning to the right Telin representative.
Fostering Digital Literacy and Wellness within the Community
Telin and i3 Forum Commit to Protect Massive Fraud Together
The Hidden Risks of Subsea Cable Disruptions for Global Businesses
Cloud Exchange Providers: Improving Enterprise Efficiency and Security
3 Quick Steps to Improving Cybersecurity for Governments & Corporates