31 March 2020
COVID-19: Work Productively from Home, Connected by Submarine Cable
The COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented disruption for businesses all over the world. Working at home has become the new normal, with teams switching to digital tools and platforms to stay in touch and collaborate.
At Telin, we fully endorse this trend as social distancing right now is the only possible way we have to combat the spread of COVID-19. Until a cure is developed, it’s very important to keep contact to a minimum. Fortunately, enormous advances have taken place in terms of building out global network connectivity that make this possible.
99% of Your Global Data Connection is Carried by Submarine Cables
Over the past decade, Telin has vastly expanded its global submarine cable network in order to better serve customers amounting to 207,260 km. This and other submarine cable networks carry some 99% of the world’s data traffic, making it possible for businesses to keep functioning remotely amid COVID-19.
At the same time, these cables are subject to disruptions, especially in earthquake prone zones and busy shipping areas where they sometimes experience breakage due to seismic disturbances and/or ship anchors dragging across the ocean floor. The area around the Sea of Japan, where the bulk of Asia-United States cables route through, is prone to both.
Diversify Your Connectivity to Ensure Business Continuity
In order to ensure that your business connection is maintained reliably and safely, Telin offers an alternative submarine cable connection route to the Hong Kong-United States route that all other cables take. This cable uses 100-gigabit wavelength technology for lightning speed with low latency. For businesses with a strong regional presence in Southeast Asia, it therefore makes sense to consider Telin’s SEA-US network, which directly integrates Southeast Asia with the rest of the globe.
Discover More — How to Keep You Connected Globally
As the COVID-19 virus sweeps through society, Telin is committed to maintaining global internet access and connectivity, as well as international voice access at homes and offices so that businesses and customers can continue to communicate remotely, both domestically and overseas.
How to keep you connected while doing Work From Home :
- Set up a comfortable working space with a desk, comfortable chair, power supply, and reliable internet.
- Make a list of tasks and focus on getting them done one by one.
- Make sure your balance work with enough sleep, healthy regular meals, exercise, and think positive thoughts!
- Get your body moving for optimum productivity! If you don't have exercise equipment at home, you can try free body workouts - there are lots on YouTube.
- There are loads of digital tools including Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Slack, Trello and so forth that can help you keep in touch and coordinate workflow between teams.
If your company is suddenly working remotely and need to have reliable connectivity globally, feel free to contact us and see what solutions we can offer you.
6 Facts on How Telin’s Submarine Cables Can Support You Working from Home:
- Telin offers the only submarine cable connecting Asia to the USA that does not go through the disruption prone area of South China Sea, Luzon Strait and Japan, ensuring that your connection won’t cut off whenever there is an earthquake in that area.
- Lowest time delay: Users of Telin’s SEA-US network are able to experience the lowest time delay compared to existing routes, as it only requires three hops to connect from Singapore to the US. Send and get trans-Pacific data fast while you work from home!
- Diversify your connectivity: Telin offer diversity via major cable networks including BSCS, TIS, SMW4, SMW5, AAG, APCN-2, C2C, JUS, TGN-IA, UNITY and SJC and newer cable systems like SEA-US and IGG. That way you’re never reliant on just one network.
- Guaranteed security & speed: Telin’s cable submarine system is perfect for mission-critical applications with high security and availability, for example financial institutions and technology-based companies who now have to work remotely.
- Scalable bandwidth for cost effective work-from-home set up: Telin offers competitive pricing, low deployment cost and fixed monthly tariffs that can be scaled either in STM-1 to STM-64 increments for IPLC, or in increments of 1 Mbps, 10Mbps, 1Gbps and 10Gbps for IEPL.
- Continuous support: Telin offers 24 x 7 support, to ensure that our IPLC / IEPL Service runs smoothly round-the-clock for your convenience.
Find out more about Telin’s remote working solutions supported by our 207,260 km-long submarine cable network worldwide, and how we can help you achieve stable and reliable connectivity! Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible so that we can start talking about how to move your business forward.
We always strive to provide you with better service to Accelerate Your Digital Expansion in the Asia Pacific and also globally.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and keep productive!
#COVID-19 #StayatHome #StaySafe
Written by Briana from Telin
Briana is member of Telin Marketing Team, taking part in a lot of digital marketing aspects, experts in responding to your inquiry and assigning to the right Telin representative.
From Complexity to Simplicity: Managed SD-WAN's Solution to Network Challenges
Fostering Digital Literacy and Wellness within the Community
Telin and i3 Forum Commit to Protect Massive Fraud Together
The Hidden Risks of Subsea Cable Disruptions for Global Businesses
Cloud Exchange Providers: Improving Enterprise Efficiency and Security